The Southern African Hypertension Society (SAHS) is committed to the common interests of the members of the Society, being persons and organisations concerned with the study and treatment of hypertension.
SAHS membership offers our members the opportunity to broaden their horizons, have access to highest professional and ethical standards in clinical practice and research, expand networks, and belong to a community of like-minded individuals with interest in the field of Hypertension.
SAHS Annual Membership gives our members access to the following:
- Discount at SAHS biennial Congress
- Access to Educational Material:
- South African Hypertension Guidelines and Updates
- Hypertension Management Algorithm for Nurses
- Hypertension Management Algorithm for the Medical Practitioner
- International Hypertension Guidelines , Updates and Comments
- Commentary on the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Hypertension Guidelines.
- CPD Accredited Educational meetings by opinion leaders in the field of Hypertension
- Health Care Practitioners Educational Videos in Hypertension and related disease
- Hypertension Guidelines and Educational Material available on SAHS website https://www.hypertension.org.za
- Hypertension Patient Information in 7 South African Languages (electronic and printable versions available)
- Patient Educational Videos in Hypertension
- CVD updates, WHL (World Hypertension League) and International Society of Hypertension (ISH) Newsletters about updates and research in the field of Hypertension
- The SAHS NextGen Research Spring School for the young investigator
- Be part of the World’s Largest Hypertension Awareness Campaign – May Measurement Month (MMM) Access to MMM awareness campaign material (Hypertension Fact Sheets & Patient awareness material) and BP monitors subjected to availability) - CLICK TO GET INVOLVED
- Notifications and summaries of the latest publications in the field of hypertension through social media platforms and website.
- Networking opportunities with other hypertension enthusiasts.